Friday, April 11, 2014

Mixed media art journal page - Journey

Hello crafty friends, Einat Kessler here with a new post! I love creating art journals and I always try to have a theme on my pages. This page was inspired by SKW little house stamp. It reminded me of those little houses you see from a high mountain or an airplane and that led me to think about what a journey it would be to climb all the way up.


I started with creating a blue background for the sky. I used two tones of blue Gelatos with a little water and applied them on the paper with a baby wipe. After it was dry I created the mountain with layers of tissue paper.



I added more texture with dimensional paint and stencils, both on the mountain and on the sky. I also drew a few white clouds with an oil pastel. I drew a winding path on the mountain as well.



Then I stamped the house a few times on a piece of white cardstock. I colored the houses with Gelatos and then cut them out. I added them to my page with a little gel medium. Finally I cut an image of me from an old photo and glued it to the top of the mountain. I added the quote with some stamps and black permanent ink.

It's fun and inspire to art journal. You should try it!

Have fun creating!
Einat

2 comments:

  1. I love it ! The textures you created are amazing... I especially like the mountain !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* this! I love how you used the same house stamp but made them different colors. The whole thing is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe